During setup, particularly on the Samsung S7 device, some users experience issues with the thermometer not being recognized. Upon much investigation, we found there is an issue with the android operating system that we are unable to correct in the Kinsa app. We did find two methods that work around this problem - note below:
- Swipe down from top of screen
- Tap ⚙ to open Settings
- Scroll down and tap on “Sounds and Vibrations”
- Tap Volume
- Insert the Stick thermometer
- You’ll see the “Media" line change to include a new orange section
- Drag the blue dot to the far right of the new orange line
- When a new prompt with “Listening at high volume…” appears, tap "Ok."
- Make sure the “Media” volume line is now fully orange, with the orange dot on the far right.
- Press the home button
- Launch the Kinsa app
- Tap “Stick Thermometer SET UP NOW”
- Proceed through calibration as normal
If your issue persists, please reference the guidance in our troubleshooting article here.
For those that still have issues after reviewing that article, we want to hear from you! Please contact our Customer Happiness team at www.kinsahealth.com/help for further support, thanks!