The Kinsa QuickCare wireless thermometer uses one CR 2032 battery. They're small, reliable (we recommend Energizer or Panasonic), cheap (~$1 each), and easy to find at pharmacies, grocery stores, and the online stores below:
To replace your QuickCare’s battery:
- First grab a coin. Note: do not use a tool, your finger, or other objects- this will damage the door of the battery compartment, preventing it from opening in the future.
- Turn your QuickCare over and place the edge of the coin into the designated groove.
- Then turn the coin counterclockwise, this will cause the battery door to pop open/ pop-off.
- Next, tip your QuickCare to the side and the old battery should fall out.
- Insert the new battery, ensuring the larger, more reflective side with text is face-up in the compartment.
- Now, replace the battery door again using the edge of a coin, turning clockwise, close the compartment.