Is your Smart Ear not sending readings to your iPhone properly? Don’t worry! These simple steps will get your Smart Ear back on track.
IMPORTANT: If you're installing Kinsa on a new phone and still have access to your old phone, follow this article first.
1. Get the latest Kinsa app.
- On your iPhone, visit kinsa.help/iPhoneApp to check if you have the latest version.
- If you see an UPDATE button, tap it, and wait for the update to complete.
- If you see an OPEN button, you already have the latest version.
2. Restart your iPhone.
Note: This is different from turning your iPhone's display off and on. Learn more
3. Turn on Airplane Mode on your iPhone.
- For extra help, follow this guide from Apple.
4. Remove your Smart Ear from the Kinsa app.
- Open the Kinsa app
- Click More in the bottom right
- Tap Smart Ear at the top
- Tap Forget Thermometer
5. Force Quit the Kinsa app.
For extra help, follow this guide from Apple.
6. Reset your Smart Ear to factory settings.
- Hold down the small white Bluetooth button on the left side of your Smart Ear thermometer
- Hold down the large round button located above the LCD screen.
- Keep holding both buttons for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth icon is flashing.
7. Turn off Airplane Mode on your iPhone.
8. Remove your Smart Ear from your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app, then tap "Bluetooth".
- If your Bluetooth is off, tap the switch to turn it back on.
- Under My Devices, look for a name starting with KS_ or AViTA and tap its ⓘ button.
- Tap Forget This Device, then tap Forget Device.
9. Connect your Smart Ear with your iPhone.
- Open the Kinsa app, and tap More in the bottom right.
- Tap Add New.
- If your Smart Ear is off, press the round button to turn it on.
- In the Kinsa app, tap the right Set Up Now button for your Kinsa thermometer.
- On the Kinsa Thermometer Found alert, tap Connect.
- On the Temperature Sync screen, tap the green Enable Location Services button.
- At the next Bluetooth Pairing Request alert, tap Pair.
That’s it! Your Smart Ear should now send readings to your iPhone without any problems.
But if a problem persists, let us know at kinsahealth.com/ContactUs and we’ll sort it out for you!