If you are having trouble connecting your Kinsa Smart Ear, don’t worry! There are just a few simple steps to getting you on track.
Get latest version of the app (new customers skip this step):
If you were using the Kinsa Ear but it stopped connecting, on your iPhone go to the App Store “Updates” section and see if there is an update. If so, please update the app.
Remove the Kinsa Bluetooth device from your phone:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth (must be on).
- Under MY DEVICES look for KS_ XXXXX. If it appears, tap on the “i” in the circle next to it. Tap on “Forget This Device” and then “Forget Device”.
- Press the Home button to exit settings.
Reset the thermometer:
- Press and hold the small white Bluetooth button which is on the left side of the Ear thermometer.
- Next press and hold the large round power button located above the LCD screen.
- Keep holding both buttons down for 5-7 seconds until the screen resets. The screen should start flashing, beep, and then display the Bluetooth icon at the top.
Now you’re ready to pair!
- Open the Kinsa app.
- Tap the “More” button on the bottom right.
- Tap “Set up my thermometer”.
- Tap the appropriate “Set Up Now” option (Elmo or Standard Ear) and tap “OK”.
- If the Kinsa turned itself off, press the power button to turn it on. If the Ear is on but the Bluetooth icon has disappeared, hold down the white Bluetooth button until the Bluetooth icon appears again.
- Select the “KS_XXXXX” thermometer.
- Tap “Pair”.
That’s it! Now you’re ready to take a temperature reading with your Kinsa Ear.
If you’re still having trouble, we’re always ready to help. Just reach out to us by Submitting This Form and we’ll be happy to sort this out for you!