If your Smart Ear thermometer isn't turning on right now, this steps below can fix that for you.
The steps are different depending on whether your Smart Ear has a side button or not:
If your Kinsa Smart Ear does not have a side button:
If you've already tried replacing the batteries, there's a chance that a failed firmware update is causing the problem. In that case, we can fix it immediately by using the Kinsa app's Thermometer Recovery feature:
1. Open your Kinsa app
2. Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner
3. Tap Smart Ear
4. Tap Thermometer Recovery
5. Follow the on-screen instructions
If your Kinsa Smart Ear does have a side button:
Please try the following:
- Remove the batteries.
- Clean the battery cavity with a cotton swab
- Put the batteries back in.
- If that doesn’t work, replace the batteries with new ones to see if the issue is with the batteries or the Smart Ear itself.
If these steps don’t resolve the issue, please contact us and we'll take care of you!