Both the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 can be used with your Kinsa Smart Stick thermometer. However, it is very important to follow this guide exactly to ensure proper first-time setup.
Note: The "Lighting adapter" mentioned below is Apple's own "Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter" which came packaged in the box along with your iPhone. It looks like this.
Here's a video guide, with all the individual steps listed underneath.
How To Setup Your Smart Stick with your iPhone
- Turn off the iPhone, and turn it back on again.
- Launch the Kinsa app
- Navigate to the “More” menu and select “Set up my thermometer”
- Select “Smart Stick > Set Up Now”
- Follow these steps precisely:
- Connect the thermometer to the black setup adapter
- Connect the black setup adapter to the Lightning adapter
- Connect the Lightning adapter (with the black setup adaptor and thermometer connected) to the iPhone
- Click the green “Set up Thermometer” button to proceed
- Once the video instructions for connecting the thermometer complete, hit “Next”
- Once the 2nd part of video instructions complete, unplug all the pieces from the phone
- Separate the black setup adapter from other pieces (be sure to save it!)
- Plug the thermometer into the white Lightning adapter
- Plug both pieces back into the phone and press “Next” to complete the setup process
Setup is now complete and you can take your first temperature!
If you’d like to use the extension cord, connect the white extension cord to the white lightning adapter, and connect the thermometer to the other end of the extension cord. Make sure to connect all three pieces BEFORE connecting them to your iPhone.
If you have any issues with the process, reach out to our Customer Happiness team right away for support at www.kinsahealth.com/contactus