If you would like to check out the Kinsa app before buying a Kinsa device, we would love for you to do so! Simply go to the Google Play store or Apple App store to find and install the “Kinsa Smart Thermometer” app.
Note that the app is not available in all countries, although we want it to be! If you get an error regarding downloading due to your region, keep trying periodically. We will continue to work on expanding the number of approved countries as time goes on.
To give you an idea of how the app works, let’s create a profile for yourself or a child and manually add a temperature reading.
- With the Kinsa app open, select the profiles option and then create a profile.
- Add a name, select a birthday, select a gender and tap Done or SAVE.
- Tap on the new profile.
- Tap the green new entry (+) button.
- Tap “Temperature” and then tap “1033” for a 103.3o F fever (Android users need to tap on “--.-” to get the keypad to appear). In the app Settings, you can change oF to oC.
- Save the temperature reading.
- For iOS, tap the temperature entry you created to expand the fever guidance provided. For Android, tap the “i” next to the entry. Kinsa offers this real-time guidance based on age and fever reading, so you know when you should call a doctor and what to do next.
When a fever is detected by the thermometer, the app will automatically prompt to add symptoms related to the fever. You can check this list manually by creating an entry for Symptoms.
You can also manually add entries to the profile for a Note or Photo you may want to share with a doctor treating the fever symptoms. Once a Diagnosis is provided by a doctor, you can add that as well.
All entries are time-stamped within each profile, with the most recent entry at the top.
If you’d like to see the Kinsa in action, these instructional videos will give you an idea of how the app works once a Kinsa thermometer has been set up.
If you decide this is the thermometer for you (and we think you will!), see your purchase options by accessing Where can I purchase Kinsa?