If you prefer a video walkthrough, check out the video below!
Before the Kinsa QuickCare thermometer can send temperature readings to the Kinsa app, you’ll need to set them up together for the first time. Setup is quick and easy, just follow the steps below:
- Remove your thermometer from its packaging.
- Remove the 98.6° sticker from the face of the thermometer.
- Download the free Kinsa app here
- Make sure your device's Bluetooth connection is on (More details for iPhone and Android)
- Open the Kinsa app
- If you haven’t already, follow the on-screen instructions to create your Kinsa account and profiles for each family member.
- For Android users, you may be asked for your location, you must grant access or your phone won’t connect with your Kinsa thermometer. (see kinsa.help/AndroidBLE)
- If you don’t see this button, tap ⚙️ Settings > ⨁ Add New Thermometer
You’re done! You can use your Kinsa QuickCare thermometer to take temperature readings, whether the Kinsa app is open or not.
If the Kinsa app is open and your QuickCare thermometer is within range (about 10 feet) new readings will appear immediately after they are taken.
If the Kinsa app is not open, new readings will be sent to the app in the background every 10 to 15 minutes. Readings will sync to the app when your phone is within range to save the thermometer’s battery life.