In this sense, the thermometer truly lives up to its name! To take your temperature, follow these simple steps:
- Tap the ON/OFF button to turn on the thermometer
- Wait to hear a beep, which signifies you are ready to take a temperature
- Once you see 3 dashes on the screen, place the thermometer according to your desired reading location (under the base of the tongue, under the base of the armpit, or with only the silver tip placed in the rectum). Hold still and try not to move during the process.
- After ~10 seconds, the temperature reading will be shown on the illuminated display
- The thermometer will automatically turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity. You can also press and hold the ON/OFF button for 2 seconds to power off.
- Be sure to let the thermometer cool down for up to 10 seconds before taking another temperature
- Always turn it on before placing it in the desired location
- Wait 15 minutes after bathing or consuming anything warm, cold, spicy or chewy