The Kinsa QuickCare thermometer truly lives up to its name! To take a temperature with it, follow these simple steps:
- Tap the button on top of the QuickCare to turn it on. You will hear a long beep.
- Once you see 3 dashes flashing on the display ( - - - ) your QuickCare is ready to use.
- Place the tip of the QuickCare as desired: under the base of the tongue, up under the armpit, or with only the silver tip placed in the rectum.
- Hold still and try not to move during the temperature taking process.
- After ~10 seconds, you'll see the temperature reading appear on the QuickCare's display.
- The QuickCare will then automatically turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity. You can also hold down the button at the top of the QuickCare to turn it off manually.
- Do not place the QuickCare before turning it on. Always turn it on first, then place it.
- Be sure to let the QuickCare cool down for up to 10 seconds between readings.
- Wait 15 minutes after bathing, exercising or consuming anything hot, cold, spicy or chewy.