It's very unusual for the QuickCare to have issues with connecting to your iPhone, but if your QuickCare runs into difficulty, following these steps will fix the problem for you right away:
- Make sure you're using the Kinsa app for wireless thermometers, not the Kinsa Smart Stick app for older, wired thermometers.
- Check that your Kinsa app has been given access to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
- Open the Settings app
- Wait a few seconds, then scroll down to find Kinsa and tap it.
- On the next screen, make sure Bluetooth is switched on.
- Turn off QuickCare by holding down the button (if it's already on)
- Force Close your Kinsa app (Not sure how? Follow this guide from Apple)
- Turn Airplane mode on
- Turn Airplane mode off
- Make sure your iPhone's Bluetooth is turned on
- Open the Kinsa app
- Tap ⚙️Settings in the top right corner > ⨁ Add New Thermometer
- This is optional but for best results, tap ENABLE LOCATION SERVICES, then tap Allow.
- Again for best results, tap TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS though this optional too.
- On the Turn your thermometer on screen, push the button on your QuickCare thermometer.
You should then see your QuickCare connect with your iPhone. If your QuickCare still isn't connecting after following these steps, please let us know right away at KinsaHealth.com/ContactUs