The Kinsa Smart Ear can display temperatures in both Fahrenheit (°F) for Americans 🇺🇸and Celsius (°C) for the rest of the world.
Note: Kinsa thermometers and the Kinsa app handle their temperature scales separately. If you change the scale in your Kinsa app, it won't change on your Kinsa thermometer's built-in display.
If your Smart Ear is using the wrong temperature scale for you, here's how to fix that:
- Turn over your Smart Ear and slide the battery cover down to open the compartment.
- Remove the batteries.
- Behind the batteries, you'll see a black and silver switch.
- For Fahrenheit (°F) push the switch down away from the Smart Ear's sensor.
- For Celsius (°C) push the switch up towards the Smart Ear's sensor.
- Replace the batteries and battery cover.
- Turn on your Smart Ear and you'll see the new temperature scale on the display.