Trying to join your school group in the Kinsa app? We’ve got some tips and tricks to help. It's important to note that Only schools which have been accepted into the FLUency program will appear in the app.
To find your school in the Kinsa app, tap on the, Yes, Join My School Group button as you are downloading the Kinsa app for the first time. Then use the search bar that pops up to type the unique and unchanging part of your school's name.
If you've already downloaded the Kinsa app and don't see the Yes, Join My School Group button, you'll need to join your school group using the steps below:
- Tap the ⚙️ Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Tap Join my school group
- In the search bar, type the unique and unchanging part of your school's name.
The unique and unchanging part of your school's name is important since the same school can use many different names and spellings. But the Kinsa app always looks for an exact match so if you're having trouble, follow these tips:
- Double-check your school name's spelling and spacing.
- For example, if your school's name is "Sandhill" but you search "Sand Hill", the school won't appear until you remove the extra space. Be sure to check for extra spacing after your school name as well!
- Search the part of the school's name where the spelling doesn't change.
- For example, if you're looking for "St. John's Elementary" don't type "St. John" or "Saint Johns". Instead, just type "John".
- If your school is named after a person, it may be listed under that person's full name or initials.
- For example, if you can't find "FDR Elementary" by searching "FDR", try the full name of "Franklin Delano Roosevelt" or just "Delano" instead.
If you tried all of our tips and tricks and cannot find your school, don’t worry - we're here to help. Click the pink Get Help button at the bottom right of this window to send your question to our Customer Happiness team. If you contact us, please include your school's name, city, and state in your message.