Setting up your Kinsa Smart Ear is easy. Follow the steps below and your Smart Ear will be ready to go in no time.
- Download the Kinsa app
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth feature. (For more details click here iPhone and Android)
- Open the Kinsa app
- If you haven’t already, follow the on-screen instructions to create your Kinsa account and profiles for each family member.
- For Android users only: When asked for your location, you must grant access or your phone won’t connect with your Kinsa thermometer. More details
- Tap SETUP KINSA
- If you don’t see this button, tap ⚙️Settings > ⨁ Add New Thermometer
- Push the button on the thermometer.
- When the pop-up appears within 10 seconds, tap Connect
You’re done! From now on, you can use your Kinsa QuickCare thermometer to take temperature readings independently, whether the Kinsa app is open or not.
If the Kinsa app is open and your QuickCare thermometer is within range (about 10 feet) new readings will appear immediately after they are taken.
If the Kinsa app is not open, new readings will be sent to the app in the background every 10 to 15 minutes to save the thermometer’s battery life and when your phone is within range.