Reading this in the Kinsa app? To follow this guide more easily, open this website on another browser or device: kinsa.help/iPhoneToQuickCare (not case-sensitive)
If the Kinsa app on your iPhone doesn’t work with your QuickCare thermometer, don’t worry! This troubleshooting guide will walk you through fixing the connection.
Make sure to follow each of these steps in order. Please be sure not to skip any steps, even if you’ve tried them before:
- If the older Kinsa Smart Stick app is installed on any of your devices, then:
- The QuickCare thermometer must be disconnected from within that app, you don’t have to delete the app itself. Remember your QuickCare thermometer can only be connected to 1 device at a time.
- Next, check to make sure your thermometer isn’t still connected to another phone. Because your QuickCare can only be connected to 1 device at a time, you’ll need to remove it before it can connect to your new phone.
- To remove your QuickCare:
- Open your Kinsa app in your old phone and tap ⚙️ Settings
- Next, select QuickCare under thermometers
- Then, tap Forget Thermometer
- Note: If you no longer have your old phone you don’t need to complete this step. You’ll only need to forget your thermometer from your old phone if they will be in the same room in the future!
- Now, update your iPhone. More details
- Then update your Kinsa app. Type getKinsa.app in the internet browser or go to the App Store and find the Kinsa app.
- If you see an UPDATE button, tap it to install the updates.
- If you see OPEN, that means you’re up to date!
- Next, restart your iPhone. More details
- Then, remove and re-seat the thermometer's battery.
- Using the edge of a coin not use a tool to gently twist open the back cover of the thermometer, turning counterclockwise.
- Remove the battery, and then put it back in and secure the battery cover in place.
- You are almost finished. Now, Turn on your Bluetooth.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app
- Then choose Bluetooth
- Turn on the Bluetooth
- Tap Settings to return to the Settings menu.
- Find and tap on the Kinsa app in the list Next, turn on the Bluetooth by tapping the switch.
- Tap the Settings gear ⚙️in the top right corner of the Kinsa app.
- Tap QuickCare (If you don’t see "QuickCare" anywhere, skip to Step 13.)
- Tap Forget Thermometer, then OK
- Tap ⨁ Add New Thermometer
- If you see requests for location and notifications, enable both for the best results. Finally, turn on your QuickCare thermometer.
- A pop-up will appear in the app. When it does, tap Connect.
You’re all done! For best results, make sure to open the app before you take any readings, this way they automatically appear in the app! Your QuickCare will send readings to your phone whenever it’s close by.
If your iPhone still isn’t receiving readings from your QuickCare thermometer, we're here to help. Please tell our Customer Happiness team that you’ve already followed this iPhone-to-QuickCare guide and be sure to let us know if you run into any trouble with the steps provided above!