Reading this in the Kinsa app? To follow this guide more easily, open this website on another browser or device: kinsa.help/iPhoneToQuickCare
If the Kinsa app on your iPhone isn’t receiving readings from your QuickCare thermometer, don’t worry! This guide will fix that for you.
Before you begin, first check:
- Is the Kinsa app open?
- If the Kinsa app has been forced to close, it cannot receive readings.
- Have you restarted your iPhone yet?
- The old turn-it-off-and-on-again trick is still remarkably good at fixing Bluetooth glitches.
- Was the thermometer connected with any other mobile devices?
- Kinsa thermometers can only connect to one mobile device at a time. Before making a new connection, old connections should first be removed from the ⚙️ Settings inside the Kinsa app on other mobile devices.
- Do you still have the older Kinsa Smart Stick app on any device?
- If you have the older app on any device, you’ll need to remove the QuickCare thermometer from within that app (you don't have to delete the app itself) to avoid any interference with the newer “Kinsa” app on your own device.
If you made any changes after these checks, the connection might be fixed already. To test, open the Kinsa app first, then take a new thermometer reading. If the reading appears in the app, you’re all set!
But if the reading doesn’t appear, follow these steps:
- If the thermometer is on, hold down the button until it turns off.
- Update your iPhone. More details
- Update your Kinsa app.
- On your iPhone, open the Safari app and go to this website: getKinsa.app This takes you straight to the Kinsa app in the App Store.
- If you see an UPDATE button, tap it, wait for the update to complete, then go to Step 4.
- If you see an OPEN button, go to Step 4.
You’re done! The connection between the thermometer and the app has now been fixed. Test again by opening the Kinsa app first, then take a new thermometer reading.
But if your iPhone still isn’t receiving readings from your QuickCare thermometer, we're sorry and here to make it right. Please tell our Customer Happiness team that you’ve already followed this iPhone-to-QuickCare troubleshooting guide and we’ll take care of the rest!