If you can't set up your wired Kinsa Smart Stick thermometer with the Kinsa app because there's no button to push, we've got you covered.
The new Kinsa app you may have already downloaded can only be used with wireless Kinsa thermometers.
To use your wired Kinsa Smart Stick thermometer, you'll need to set it up with the older Kinsa Smart Stick app by following these steps:
- Check if your device is still compatible with the Kinsa Smart Stick at kinsa.help/phones.
- Android users: Android 7.0+ changed how audio signals are handled, which in turn broke compatibility with the Smart Stick on many Android devices. This is why newer Kinsa thermometers are wireless, making them backward-and-forwards compatible with any device which can run the new Kinsa app.
- If your device is still compatible, download the right Kinsa Smart Stick app for your device:
- Open the Kinsa app > Tap the More button in the bottom right corner > Add a New Thermometer > Smart Stick
- If you are asked for Microphone Access, tap the Enable Microphone Access button. At the next alert, tap OK
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete setting up the thermometer.