To get the best possible readings from your Kinsa Smart Ear thermometer, follow these steps:
- Turn the thermometer on by pressing the big round button. You will hear a beep.
- Use the proper technique for infants or non-infants
- For infants under the age of 1, gently tug the ear straight back to straighten the ear canal to help get a more accurate reading. Note: An infant's ear canal may be too small or curved for any ear thermometer to get a good reading. In this case, a rectal reading with a stick thermometer, like our Kinsa QuickCare, is the better method.
- For non-infants (children over the age of 1 and adults) gently tug the ear straight up and back.
- Fit the probe snugly into the ear canal.
- Press the big round button again.
- After one second you will hear another beep indicating the reading is complete. The reading will appear on the built-in display. If you have already connected your Smart Ear to your Kinsa app, the reading will appear in your Kinsa app too.