Reading this in the Kinsa app? To follow this guide more easily, open this website on another browser or device: kinsa.help/unreachable
If you’re seeing the “Kinsa Service Unreachable” error when loading up the Kinsa app please don’t worry! There are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:
- If you are connected to a WiFi network, try turning off the WiFi connection so you’re using your phone’s cellular data plan. Poor WiFi connections and/or captive portals (like those found in hotels, or shopping malls) can interfere with your connection to our servers.
- If you’re connected to a cellular network but it’s extremely slow, consider connecting to a known-good WiFi network. Try loading some other apps or web pages on your phone to make sure the connection is fast.
- Is your phone using a VPN or configured to use a Proxy? Please turn off the VPN connection and/or use your phone’s default network configuration settings. These kinds of connections are often the cause.
- Try restarting your phone, especially before going to the next steps
- If you use an iPhone, reset your network settings (Learn more) If you use an Android, consult your carrier for instructions on how to do the same thing.
Note: Is your phone issued by and managed by a workplace? There may be some enterprise security features interfering with the Kinsa app. If appropriate consider asking your company’s IT department, and sending them a link to this support article.
If none of these steps help you get rid of this error please contact us by clicking the “Get Help” button in the bottom right of this page and let us know you have already followed this specific guide.