Reading this in the Kinsa app? To follow this guide more easily, open this website on another browser or device: kinsa.help/FirstSetup
Connecting your Kinsa thermometer for the first time is quick, easy, and can usually be completed by following the on-screen instructions in the Kinsa app. If you haven’t already, follow the instructions outlined in How to set up the Kinsa app
Once you’re done setting up your Kinsa app, you can connect your thermometer!
- Tap ⚙️ Settings gear in the top right corner
- Tap ⨁ Add New Thermometer
- If you're asked, tap ENABLE LOCATION SERVICES. You may see another alert, tap Allow While Using App or Always if you’re using an Android phone. See Why does Android need location data to connect with my thermometer? for more information. On iPhone, we recommend selecting Always.
- If you're prompted and want to receive notification for new readings, tap to accept/allow.
- When the screen prompts you too, press the thermometer’s power button. Make sure the display lights up.
- Another in-app alert might pop up, tap “Allow”.
- For the Kinsa QuickCare thermometer only, you will need to select the reading mode (Oral, Rectal or Underarm) then tap SAVE so the app can adjust itself automatically.
You're done! Your Kinsa thermometer has now been set up with your Kinsa app. Try taking a new temperature reading, and it will appear in the app.
* The app asks for a birthday to ensure the guidance on treating fevers and symptoms is accurate since this can vary widely by age, especially in infants. Also, guidance isn’t available for anyone who falls into ages covered under geriatric medicine. This may change in the future.