If your Kinsa Smart Ear thermometer will not take a reading:
- First, double-check that you’re following the proper technique as outlined in this article: How to get great reading from your Smart Ear - we recommend new Smart Ear owners watch this video to see how important the technique is for accurate readings. Take note of the angle at which you should hold your thermometer, and how the ear must be pulled back before pressing the button once.
If you’ve got the technique down, we recommend resetting your thermometer:
If your Smart Ear doesn’t have a side button:
- Slide the battery cover down then pull it away to expose the battery compartment.
- Remove the batteries.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Put the batteries back in, the same as they were before.
- Push the button to turn on the thermometer.
And if your Smart Ear does have a side button:
- Push and release the round button to turn on the thermometer.
- Push and hold the round button.
- Push and hold the small side button.
- Hold down both buttons until the display's Bluetooth symbol is flashing.
If resetting the thermometer doesn’t fix the problem, you may need new batteries. The Smart Ear takes 2 AAA batteries. Try replacing the old ones with a fresh pair.
If “APP” appears on the display, we recommend downloading the Kinsa app from https://getKinsa.app
However, if you don’t want to use the Kinsa app, refer to: How can I take my temperature without using the app?
In the event you’ve tried a reset and replaced the batteries without any improvement, please tell our Customer Happiness team that you’ve already followed this guide. Make sure to specify which steps you’ve taken. If possible, we’d love for you to include a quick video showing your thermometer attempting to take a reading, nothing beats being able to see exactly what you’re seeing!