Congratulations! If you're reading this article, then you have received your new Kinsa QuickCare thermometer and are ready to set it up before anyone gets sick.
If you prefer a video walkthrough, click this link: https://kinsa.help/SetUpFLUency
Before the Kinsa QuickCare thermometer can send temperature readings to the Kinsa app, you’ll need to connect them! Just follow the steps below to get started:
- Remove the 98.6° sticker from the face of the thermometer.
- If you haven't already, download the Kinsa app here
- Turn on Bluetooth (More details for iPhone and Android)
- Open the Kinsa app
- If you haven’t already, follow the on-screen instructions to create your Kinsa account and profiles for each family member.
- For Android users only: When asked for your location, you must grant access or your phone won’t connect with your Kinsa thermometer. (see kinsa.help/AndroidBLE)
- If you don’t see this button, tap ⚙️Settings > ⨁ Add New Thermometer
You’re done! From now on, you can use your Kinsa QuickCare thermometer to take temperature readings independently, whether the Kinsa app is open or not.
If the Kinsa app is open and your QuickCare thermometer is within range (about 10 feet) new readings will appear immediately after they are taken.
If the Kinsa app is not open, new readings will be sent to the app in the background every 10 to 15 minutes to save the thermometer’s battery life and when your phone is within range.