This guide will help you get the most accurate readings possible from your wired Kinsa Smart Stick thermometer.
Before you begin, since the Kinsa Smart Stick has been discontinued, there are a few things you should check before jumping into taking readings:
- Check if your phone is compatible with your Kinsa by visiting kinsa.help/phones
- The new Kinsa app is not compatible with the older wired Kinsa Smart Stick thermometer. Make sure you're using the older Kinsa Smart Stick app for iPhone and Android.
- If you haven't already, calibrate your Kinsa Smart Stick to your phone by following these guides for iPhone and Android.
Once you've calibrated your Smart Stick thermometer with your Kinsa Smart Stick app on your compatible phone, follow these videos or written guides below to get the best possible temperature readings.
How to take an oral reading with the Kinsa Smart Stick
How to take an underarm reading with the Kinsa Smart Stick
- Open the Kinsa app on your smartphone.
- Plug the Kinsa thermometer into your phone. It’s recommended that you use the extension cord that came with the Kinsa as it will likely help return a more accurate reading (and will be more comfortable).
- On the temperature tab, choose your method for taking a temperature (oral, underarm, or rectal).
- Place the thermometer according to your desired reading location (under the base of the tongue, in the bend of the armpit, or with only the silver tip placed in the rectum)