Ready to use your Kinsa QuickScan thermometer with the Kinsa app? Setup is easy, let’s get started.
- Insert 2 AAA batteries (included) in the battery compartment, found on the back of the QuickScan.
- Remove the 98.6° sticker from the face of the thermometer.
- Make sure your phone’s Bluetooth feature is on. (More details on how to turn on the Bluetooth feature can be found here for iPhone and here for Android)
- Download the Kinsa app here for your phone.
- Open the Kinsa app
- If you haven’t already, follow the on-screen instructions to create your Kinsa account and profiles for each family member.
- For Android users: When asked for your location, please grant access or your phone won’t connect with your Kinsa thermometer. More details
- If you don’t see this button, tap ⚙️Settings in the top right corner > ⨁ Add New Thermometer
You’re done! You can use your Kinsa QuickScan thermometer to take temperature readings independently, whether the Kinsa app is open or not.
If the Kinsa app is open and your QuickScan thermometer is within range (about 10 feet) new readings will appear immediately after they are taken.
If the Kinsa app is not open, new readings will be sent to the app in the background every 10 to 15 minutes (to save the thermometer’s battery life) when your phone is within range.