Reading this in the Kinsa app? To follow this guide more easily, open this website on another browser or device: kinsa.help/AndroidToQuickScan
If the Kinsa app on your Android phone isn't receiving readings from your QuickScan thermometer, don’t worry! This guide will fix that for you.
Before we begin, let's first check:
- During the initial setup, did you deny a request for your location?
- If so, follow this guide first. Without location permissions, your Android device can't connect with your thermometer. This is an Android requirement, not Kinsa's. (Android is working to allow the connection without location permissions.)
- Have you restarted your Android device?
- The old turn-it-off-and-on-again trick is still remarkably good at fixing Bluetooth glitches.
- Was the thermometer connected with any other devices?
- Kinsa thermometers can only connect to one device at a time. Before making a new connection, old connections should first be removed from the ⚙️ Settings inside the Kinsa app on other devices.
If you made any changes after these checks, the connection might be fixed already. To test, open the Kinsa app first, then take a new thermometer reading. If the reading appears in the app, you’re all set!
But if the reading doesn’t appear, follow these steps:
- If the thermometer is on, hold down the button until it turns off.
- Check and update your Android version. More details here
- Check if your phone has the latest version of the Kinsa app installed.
- Open your phone’s web browser (usually the Chrome app) and go to this website: getKinsa.app. This will take you right to the Kinsa app in the Google Play Store.
- If you see an UPDATE button, tap it, wait for the update to complete, then go to Step 4.
- If you see an OPEN button, go to Step 4.
You’re done! The connection between the thermometer and the app has now been fixed. To test,open the Kinsa app first, then take a new thermometer reading.
If your Android device still isn’t receiving readings from your QuickScan thermometer, we're sorry, and we’re here to make it right. Please tell our Customer Happiness team here or (click the pink ? at the bottom right of your screen) that you’ve already followed this Android-to-QuickScan troubleshooting guide and we’ll take care of the rest!