If your QuickScan thermometer isn’t sending readings or connecting to the Kinsa app on your iPhone, the Bluetooth connection may be broken. Follow these steps to help get your QuickScan thermometer connected and transmitting readings to the app:
- Have you tried restarting your iPhone yet?
- The old turn-it-off-and-on-again trick is still remarkably useful for fixing Bluetooth glitches.
Reset the thermometer by removing the batteries for 10 seconds and then replacing them. (Resetting your thermometer can often fix intermittent connection issues.)
Is your Kinsa app up to date? If not follow the steps below:
- On your iPhone, open the Safari app and go to this website: getKinsa.app This will take you straight to the Kinsa app in the App Store.
- If you see an UPDATE button, tap it, and wait for the update to complete.
- If you see an OPEN button, the app is already updated.
- Was the thermometer connected with any other mobile devices?
- Kinsa thermometers can only connect with one device at a time. Before making a new connection, old connections should first be removed from other devices; both from the ⚙️Settings inside the Kinsa app, and from the list of paired Bluetooth devices in the other devices' own settings.
If you made any changes after these checks, the problem might already be fixed. To test, open the Kinsa app first* then take a new thermometer reading. If the reading appears in the app, you’re all set!
If your QuickScan is still not transmitting readings or connecting to the Kinsa app follow these steps:
- If your Kinsa QuickScan is turned on, hold down the button to turn it off.
- Force the Kinsa app to close. More details here
- Turn on Airplane mode. More details here
- Turn off Airplane mode.
- Turn on Bluetooth. More details here
- Open the Kinsa app.
- Tap ⚙️ Settings > ⨁ Add New Thermometer
- Push the button on your Kinsa QuickScan thermometer
A pop-up menu will appear within 10 seconds. When it does, tap Connect. Your connection should be restored!
If not, use the “Contact Us Now” button to reach out to someone on our Customer Happiness team for more help. Be sure to please tell our Customer Happiness team that you’ve already followed this Android-to-QuickScan troubleshooting guide and we’ll take care of the rest!